Tuesday 6 January 2015

Happy New Year: A Reflection.






Wow, another year has flown by! Happy New Year to all of my beautiful readers reading this! 2014 was such a whirlwind for me, I went through happiness to heartbreak, from heartbreak to healing, through seasons of loneliness, fear and issues about my self-worth to a realisation of who the Lord is, how He knows every thought, action and feeling that I have had and still loves me and was with me all along. I find it so easy to become suffocated under all that life and the world is, I have been swept under it for so long and it has caused me to chase things, distractions and vain attractions that are not good for my soul. There have been times in 2014 that I do not want to relive, there have been times in 2014 that I would gladly relive. I have learnt a lot from 2014. So much of it has been lessons of discipline, running back to Him and believing that I could do life on my own terms. 2014 has been a year of selfishness, of letting go and of new starts to relationships and new found friendships. It has been a combination of emotions that have led me to despair to complete freedom but despite all of this, I wouldn't want to change 2014 for anything. It has taught me to love my family, my friends and appreciate my loved ones. It has challenged my faith and stretched my faith and equipped me to live a life with Jesus whom I will continue to journey with for the rest of my life. 

Every time I go through troublesome times when it is absolutely impossible to see even a glimspe of the light at the end of the tunnel, when I feel like my dreams are further away than I can ever imagine He brings me back to the reality of Him and causes me to lean on Him and His understanding that is far above anyone else's on this earth.
I have met people and heard speakers that have inspired me to search the very depths of who the Lord is and I have met people that I have wanted to encourage to come to a revelation of who He is and the freedom He brings. I have seen people go through sorrow, grief and despair in my own family and my friends. I had become angry at the people that have hurt and spoken harshly about my loved ones and I had become frustrated with myself and who I, at times, became in 2014. I became helpless and questionable about my worth, place and purpose in this world in 2014 and I have learnt to encourage people on their journey and learnt to love with everything I have and more.

2014, like every year prior will always have a special place in my heart and it will be a reminder of His grace and how far He’s brought me in this world that I will not be flattened by any longer. I will always be on a journey that involves some aspect of what I have already experienced and learnt from. I believe that the Lord will always be showing me and teaching me His ways in a constant continuation of learning for all of the years to come.

In 2015 I hope that whatever the Lord has in store, whatever rollercoaster of emotions or events that await me this year I pray that for you, myself and others that our focus will be on Jesus even when seasons of loneliness and desolation hit us I pray that we let Him have the highest throne in our lives.

“Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition (definite requests), with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God”. – Philippians 4:6 [AMP]

“And God’s peace [shall be yours, that tranquil state of a soul assured of its salvation through Christ and so fearing nothing from God and being content with its earthly lot of whatever sort that is, that peace] which transcends all understanding shall garrison and mount guard over your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.” – Philippians 4:7 [AMP]





No comments:

Post a Comment