Friday 20 December 2013

Lipsticks for the Festive Season!


Hey loves, 
I have seen a lot of people wearing the famous red lipstick look this festive season and I'm quite the avid red lipstick collector. It's so strange a few years ago I literally would be way to nervous to try such a bold lip colour with the fear of it smudging on my teeth or worse - my chin. Anyway, after building a bridge I decided to branch out and actually my first ever MAC purchase is pictured here and it has literally lasted me 2 years and can probably go for at least, minimum another two years!


I'll start by numbering the ones pictured above :)



2. Loreal - Color Riche Serum in True Red

I have literally had this colour for so long, I found it on sale a while ago it has the slightest tear drop shape pink colour in amongst the beautiful red which I think was a wonderful touch. The packaging is gorgeous - there's something about gold packaging that just makes whatever is inside that little bit more special. This is a very creamy lipstick with a very glossy finish I normally wouldn't wear it so glossy so I would simply use my finger to blend. It probably lasts up to three hours but if you're constantly drinking water or have a dinner to go to I would definitely bring it to touch the colour up which doesn't remain on for so long if you are partaking in these activities.


4.Collection 2000 - Gothic Glam Collection in 3 Revenge

You guys have heard me rant about my love for this lipstick way too many times, my apologies I just feel like it's the most gorgeous plum colour which is similar of that concerning MAC's Rebel, I read a comparison blog post on it the other day. With this colour you are able to play up the intensity so when you first put it on it'll appear a beautiful deep purple but using your finger to seperate the colour creates this raspberry plum colour which is perfect for the Christmas season. This also has a very glossy finish and unfortunately does not last that long but all you need to do is carry it around in your bag :)


1. Rimmel London - Lasting Finish Lipstick in 136 Ballistic

I absolutely love this colour it's like a red wine mixed with plum which gives of the most gorgeous plum colour. What I also love about this product is the fact that it doesn't have a glossy finish despite it being a creamy consistency therefore that is the result of a perfect balance which is just what I love to see in a lipstick. It also lasts a few hours and even the faded colour that reveals itself after a few hours of wear is gorgeous because I find it's disappears evenly which is perfect!


3. MAC - Matte in Ruby Woo

So here it is, my first ever MAC product that I got 2 Christmases ago, best present ever? Yes. Literally it costs so much including postage and packaging for one freaking lipstick but it was totally worth look how long it lasted! The best thing I find about Matte lipsticks is that you can have the best of both worlds if you add lipbalm/vaseline the downside is the fact that it's dry to put on and feels uncomfortably dry during the day which is an awful shame considering the actual matte effect that appears on your lips look beautiful, it's just a shame you can't have the Matte look without the dryness but nonetheless this colour is awesome and one that I find is perfect for any season due to its brightness and versatility.




5. Rimmel London - Lasting Finish Kate Lipstick 01 

This was a present I got from my brother the same Christmas I got my Mac lipstick, what a sweetie (yes I chose it AND wrapped it for myself but the thought is still there) This is probably my most worn lipstick to Ruby Woo one of the first things that struck me about this lipstick is the beautiful packaging I mean the simpleness of Kate's signature against the black look divine. Also the scent OMG just wow I don't really know how to describe it but it smells like those beautiful stores you go into in random towns that sell varieties of beautiful handmade soaps. Yup. That's as best I can describe it. It's like flowers freshly picked. Anyway getting back to the actual lipstick the consistency is creamy and it gives off more of a glossy finish then Rimmel London's Ballistic lipstick, I find that the look is very classic compared to the others which combines that classic feel with gloss making the lips appear very voluptuous. 




Here are the non-lipsticks I used, which I'll still involve here because they pretty much do the exact same job as the others did:





1. Maybelline New York - Coloursensational Lip Liner in 547 Pleasure Me Red

Now, I am still very new to the Lip Liner world here, I literally own about 3 of them and I've used them to the point where I'm sharpening them everytime I use it which probably isn't right and also I know what I'm doing wrong... I'm not combining it with a lipstick. My bad. I just find that they can give off an awesome Matte effect that I can instantaneously make moisture with vaseline so really you get, awesome and precise execution of the shape of yours lips and you get to put your desired amount of gloss on. Perfect.
Note to self: must invest in more of these.


Check that demure look. Or my attempt-at-a-model pose. Maybe I should try looking into the camera next time rather than that, "Oh, look as if there's something going on in the corner to show you're totally not bothered by the camera" look.

2. Max Factor Lipfinity Colour & Gloss in 530 Luminous Petal 

This lip colour & gloss is incredible for an everyday festive season lip colour I find that these plummy pinks suit my skin tone way more than the bright pink lipsticks and this one is perfect, it's a shame that I'm running out but anyway the Lip colour part creates a matte effect but it also comes with the gloss that you can use which is genius and it leaves the lips looking lovely and glossy although you don't want to put too much on just in case it looks like you've been making out with a guy that could not leave his slobber inside his mouth. Sorry, I know. TMI.


Anyway, that is it for my Lipsticks for the Festive Season post guys, 
I really hope you enjoyed it!
God bless, 
All my love,



2 comments:

  1. nice review, all the lipsticks are perfect <3

    We are following you on Bloglovin' dear x
    www.onlydopefashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much! And for following me on Bloglovin I will definitely follow back :)
      Thanks for stopping by,
      xoxox

      Delete